News Release - BRA Issues Water Conservation Efforts
Sky Harbour Water has implemented Public Awareness of Volunteer Drought Stage Two effective as of March 28, 2014. This also will include guidelines for Volunteer Drought Stage One.
Download a copy of this Notice.
- Water customers are requested voluntarily limit the irrigation of landscaped areas to Sundays and Thursdays for customers with a street address ending in and even number (0, 2, 4, 6, 8) and Saturdays and Wednesdays for water customers with a street address ending in an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7, 9) and to irrigate landscapes only between the hours of midnight and 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. to midnight on the designated watering days.
- Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane or other vehicles is prohibited.
- Use of water to fill, refill, or add to any indoors or outdoor swimming pools, wading pools, or Jacuzzi-type pools, is prohibited.
- Operation of any ornamental fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes is prohibited except necessary to support aquatic life or where such fountains or ponds are equipped with a recirculation system.
- Use of water from hydrants or water system meters shall be limited to fire fighting, related activities, or other activities necessary to maintain public health, safety, and welfare, except that use of water of construction purposes may be allowed under special permit from Sky Harbour WSC.
The following uses of water defined as non-essential and are prohibited:
- Use of water to wash down any sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, or other hard-surfaced areas.
- Use of water to wash down buildings or structures for purposes other than immediate fire protection.
- Use of water for dust control.
- Flushing gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street.
Failure to repair a controllable leak(s) within a reasonable period after having been given notice directing the repair of such leak(s).
Remember, any amount of water you save will be helpful! Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions or need more information please call the Sky Harbour Water Supply office.
USE WATER WISELY – EVERY DROP COUNTS!
- Some tips for saving water around the house:
- Turn off the water faucet when brushing your teeth or shaving
- Wash only full loads in the washer and dishwasher
- Take shorter showers
- Replace older shower heads with new low-flow aerator shower heads.
- Repair any leaks around the house
- Use a bucket to wash your car instead of letting the hose run
- Use a broom or blower to clean driveways and sidewalks
- Most important, use outdoor water wisely. Water lawns and plants only when necessary, not every day.
- Fix dripping faucet can increase your water usage by 10,800 gallons each month.
- A leaky/running toilet can increase your water usage by 21,500 gallons each month.
Stage 5 Emergency Plan
Download Stage 5 Plan
Remember, any amount of water you save will be helpful. Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions or need more information please call the Sky Harbour Water Supply office.
WE NOW OFFER AUTOMATIC BANK DRAFT PROGRAM
Click here for details
WATER LEAK EMERGENCIES
Stephens Water Company
BUSINESS OFFICE HOURS
Tuesday - Friday
9am - 4pm
Closed Saturday - Monday